Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
This film is a joyful celebration of the melodious steel drum. Pan is the story of the men and women throughout the...
Learn about the trials and triumphs of the black experience in the United States and how New York City honors black history in our parks today.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
The center will be closed on Monday, July 4th in observance of the independence day holiday. Normal operating hours will resume on Tuesday, July 5th. Enjoy the holiday!
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction at Pool Facilities
- Citywide Pool Systems Reconstruction
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- In-Kind Reconstruction of Deteriorated Plumbing Systems for Various Parks & Recreation Pool Facilities Citywide
- Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Reconstruction