Parks Department Winter Storm Service Advisories
Updated: Sunday, January 24 at 1:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for all of New York City until Sunday at 7:00 a.m. There is a non-emergency vehicle travel ban in place until that time. Please visit nyc.gov/severeweather, call 311, or follow @notifyNYC on Twitter to stay up to date on conditions throughout the storm.
- Recreation centers will be running on a reduced schedule this weekend. On Sunday, centers will open at 9:00 a.m. (or 10:00 a.m. for select sites that regularly open later) and closing at their normal times.
- Greenbelt Recreation Center and Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center are closed on Sunday, January 24.
- Rockaway Beach will be closed this weekend due to the winter storm. The boardwalk will remain open. No surfing or other activities on the beach will be permitted, so as to ensure everyone's safety.
- Ocean Breeze Track & Field Athletic Complex will be closed on Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24.
- The High Line will have a delayed opening on Sunday, January 24.
- The Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, Staten Island Zoo, and the New York Aquarium will be closed on Saturday, January 23, and re-open on Sunday, January 24.
As of Saturday, January 23 at 8:00 p.m., the following NYC Parks programs have been canceled:
- Winter Jam 2016
- All Urban Park Ranger programs taking place on Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24.
- All events at the Poe Park Visitor Center taking place on Saturday, January 23.