Important NYC Parks Service Changes Due to the Winter Storm
Updated: Wednesday March 21 at 12:00 p.m.
There is a winter storm warning in effect for the New York City through 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 22. The National Weather Service currently predicts total snow accumulations of 12 to 18 inches, with locally higher amounts possible. Please walk carefully on snowy paths and avoid bodies of water.
For more information on the winter weather and ways to be prepared, please visit www.nyc.gov/severeweather. To report downed trees or branches, please call 311. In case of emergency, please call 911.
- Some recreation centers may close early today due to the weather conditions. Please call your center before attending, or check our Recreation Centers page for updates.
- Parks Afterschool programs are cancelled Wednesday.
- Media lab classes are cancelled at Alfred E. Smith, Greenbelt, and Thomas Jefferson Recreation Centers.
- Some Shape Up NYC classes are cancelled. Please visit our Shape Up NYC page or call the location before attending a class.
- All New York City zoos and the New York City Aquarium are closed Wednesday.
- The High Line is closed Wednesday.