Submit a Forestry Service Request
When you submit a request through our forestry service request intake process, you enable us to carefully monitor the progress of your request every step of the way.
When you submit a request it goes directly to the appropriate Parks Department division for action, and the 311 Customer Service Center provides you with a tracking number and details about how your new service request will be addressed.
- Report a damaged or dead tree
- Request a new street tree
- Notify Parks of illegal tree damage
- Submit a report of potentially hazardous trees or branches*
- Let us know about an undesirable root, sewer, or sidewalk condition
All requests sent to Parks are given direct attention and will be resolved as soon as possible.
Need to check the status of your request? Call 311 or visit 311 Online.
* Since 1996, Parks has pruned established street trees on a neighborhood–by–neighborhood basis. This process allows us to prune a portion of the street trees in every community board every year. We do not take routine pruning requests.