§2-15 Urban Park Ranger Programs
- Urban Park Rangers provide programs on environmental education, outdoor recreation, wildlife management, and active conservation, including:
- Weekend Adventure: offered to the public year-round at no cost to participants;
- Natural Classroom: offered to schools, youth groups and other organizations for a fee pursuant to § 2-15(d) below;
- Custom Adventures: day and overnight programs offered to camps and other youth groups for a fee pursuant to § 2-15(d) below; and
- Adventure Course: offered to groups of all ages on the low- and high-ropes course at Alley Pond Park for a fee pursuant to § 2-15(d) below.
- The Urban Park Rangers may cancel a program for the following reasons:
- Inclement or severe weather, including but not limited to heavy rain, hail, thunder, lightning, high wind, or other unforeseen conditions that may render the program unsafe. If the Urban Park Rangers cancel a group’s Natural Classroom, Custom Adventure, or Adventure Course program due to inclement weather or other safety concern, the group will receive a credit for the amount paid for the cancelled program that may be used for a rescheduled program up to one (1) year from the date of the cancelled program. If the group or the Urban Park Rangers cannot reschedule the program, the group may request a refund for the amount paid by submitting a completed Refund Request Form to the Urban Park Rangers.
- A group that has not paid the entire fee for a scheduled program may not attend the program.
- A group that has scheduled and fully paid for a Natural Classroom, Custom Adventure, or Adventure Course Program and then cancels the program is subject to the following policies:
- If a group cancels a program at least fourteen (14) days before the scheduled program, the group may receive a refund of 50% of the program’s cost or a credit for the program’s full cost, valid for one (1) year from the date of the original program.
- If a group cancels a program fewer than fourteen (14) days before the scheduled program, the group may receive a credit for the program’s full cost, valid for one (1) year from the date of the original program.
- To request a refund or credit, a group must request a Refund Request Form from the Urban Park Rangers and submit the completed form.
- The Commissioner shall charge the amounts set forth in the below schedule for Urban Park Ranger programs.
|Department Groups||Youth Groups and Students||18 to 24-Year-Old Groups||Adult/Staff Development Groups|
|The Natural Classroom||No Fee||Single classroom or park program: $100 for every 30 participants
Combined classroom and park program: $125 for every 30 participants
*Schools receiving Title I funding are eligible for a 50% discount.
|Single classroom or park program: $100 for every 30 participants||Single classroom or park program: $250 for every 30 participants|
|Custom Adventure—Day Program||No fee||$250 for every 30 participants||$750 for every 30 participants||$1,000 for every 30 participants|
|Custom Adventure—Overnight Program||No fee||$500 for every 30 participants and up to 10 chaperones||$1,500 for every 30 participants||$2,000 for every 30 participants|
|Adventure Course||No fee||$500 for 30 participants; $20 per participant for up to 10 additional participants||$1,000 for 30 participants; $35 per participant for up to 10 additional participants||With lunch provided: $525 for 7 participants; $75 for every additional participant
Without lunch provided: $455 for 7 participants; $65 for every additional participant