Adult Water Exercise Classes
During the summer, we offer free Adult Water Exercise classes at our free outdoor pools! Water reduces risk of muscle or joint injury while keeping the body cool in the summer heat.
Adult Water Exercise classes are led by trained aquatics professionals. You do not need to know how to swim to participate; all water exercise classes will be held in the shallow end of the pool.
Classes are divided into three sessions.
- Session 1: July 6 - July 19
- Session 2: July 21 - August 3
- Session 3: August 7 - August 18
Lottery registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, June 12 for all Water Exercise sessions. Registration for Session 1 will end at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 25; registration for Session 2 will end at noon on Monday, July 10; and registration for Session 3 will end at noon on Monday July 31.
About Our Registration
Registration for Adult Water Exercise classes is conducted through a free online lottery using a secure site. You must have a valid email address to register. Winners are chosen at random. Applicants who are not chosen will be placed on a waiting list.
You will be notified by email of the lottery results no later than Tuesday, June 27 for Session 1, Wednesday, July 12 for Session 2, and Wednesday, August 2 for Session 3.
Lottery and Program Rules
- You can register for up to three sessions. You may register for one class per session. Registering more than once will not increase your chances to win; it will automatically disqualify you from the lottery as a duplicate.
- Lottery selections are non-transferable. If you have won a spot, you cannot give this spot to another person, even if it's another family member.
- If you are not selected in the online lottery, you will be placed on a waiting list for this program, and will be emailed if a slot becomes available. We are not able to tell you your current place on the waiting list. If you don't get a spot, we encourage you to apply again for an upcoming session.
There are currently no programs available for registration at this time.
For additional information, please contact the Citywide Aquatics Office at (718) 760-6969, extension 0.