Swim with the Best: Join a Parks Swim Team
NYC Parks offers talented youths between the ages of 6 and 18 an opportunity to join a Parks swim team. Swimmers train for High Point Meets and the Borough Cup Championship.
Practice sessions are held at least three times a week. Our practice sessions emphasize stroke technique, endurance and speed training, starts and turns, and rules and sportsmanship.
Participation is free with an NYC Parks recreation center membership. Memberships are free for kids and teens younger than 18 years old. Learn more about our memberships
Fall: October 9, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Winter/Spring: January 2, 2019 – May 18, 2019
Team tryouts are held on an ongoing basis.
- Youths between the ages of 6 and 18 who can swim 50 yards freestyle in good form may try out for the team. Swimming 50 yards does not guarantee placement on the team.
- All participants are required to submit a completed online application and a copy of their birth certificate on the day of their tryout.
How To Register
To renew your swim team membership or to try out as a new swimmer for a team, please complete the online application.
Return Swim Team Members
Due to limited slots, swimmers who participated in the 2017 – 2018 indoor swim season will be given the opportunity to rejoin the team by completing their online registration beginning at noon Friday, September 14, 2018 and not later than Friday, September 28, 2018.
Prospective Swim Team Members (New Applicants)
Beginning Saturday, September 29, 2018, all applications will be considered “new applicants” including the previous year’s swim team members. Registration will be open to all applicants on a first-come, first-served basis and will end on Wednesday, February 13, 2019.
|Brownsville Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Metropolitan Pool Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|St. John's Swim Team (Practicing at Brownsville Pool)||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|54 East Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Asser Levy Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Chelsea Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Gertrude Ederle Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Hansborough Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Tony Dapolito Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Flushing Meadows Pool Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
|Roy Wilkins Pool Swim Team||09/14/2018 - 09/28/2018|
Swim Team Requirements and Rules
All Parks Swim Team members must comply with the following requirements:
- All swim team participants must be members at an NYC Parks recreation center.
- All swim team participants must complete a team application (signed by a parent/guardian) and provide a copy of their birth certificate to verify age on the first day of practice.
Parks Swim Team members must also comply with the following rules:
- Swim team members must participate in two out of three training sessions per week. Flushing Meadows Aquacades swim team members are required to participate in 3 out of 4 practices every week.
- Swimmers must participate in all High Point Swim Meets. They must participate in at least two High Point Swim Meets to qualify for participation in the Borough Cup Swimming Championship.
- Swim team members must arrive on time for training sessions.
- Swimmers must follow the instructions of the coach and team officials.
- Team members must purchase and wear an official Parks swim team suit for all competitions.
- Swimmers must comply with all facility/pool and competition rules and regulations, and observe safety guidelines at all times.
For more information, please contact our Citywide Aquatics team at (718) 760-6969 Ext. 0