Swim with the Best: Join a Parks Swim Team
Fall 2015: October 13, 2015 – December 23, 2015; The Flushing Meadows Aquacades Swim Team starts on October 26, 2015.
Winter/Spring 2015: January 2, 2016 – May 14, 2016
NYC Parks offers talented youths an opportunity to join a Parks swim team. Practice sessions are held at least three times a week and emphasize stroke technique, endurance and speed training, starts and turns, rules and sportsmanship.
How to Join
Team tryouts are held on an ongoing basis. Swimmers train for High Point Meets and the Borough Cup Championship. Youths between the ages of 6 and 18 who can swim 50 meters freestyle in good form may try out for the team. Swimming 50 meters does not guarantee placement on the team. All participants are required to submit a completed application and a copy of their birth certificate before trying out. To renew your membership or to try out for a team, please complete the online application. Due to limited slots, swimmers who were on the roster and actively training in May of 2015 will be given the opportunity to rejoin the team by completing their registration no later than September 27 on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will open on September 16 at 8:00 a.m. Starting September 28, registration will be open to all applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Online registration will open soon for additional locations.
All swimmers must be members of the recreation center. Membership is free for youths under 18. To learn more about becoming a member, please visit our Recreation Center Membership page. Youths must also bring a copy of a birth certificate to the recreation center in order to try out.
All Parks Swim Team members must comply with the following requirements:
- All swim team participants must be members at an NYC Parks recreation center.
- All swim team participants must complete a team application (signed by a parent/guardian) and provide a copy of their birth certificate to verify their age.
Parks Swim Team members must also comply with the following rules:
- Swim team members must participate in two out of three training sessions per week. Flushing Meadows Aquacades swim team members are required to participate in three out of four practices every week.
- Swimmers must participate in all High Point Swim Meets. They must participate in at least two High Point Swim Meets to qualify for participation in the Borough Cup Swimming Championship.
- They must arrive on time for training sessions.
- They must follow the instructions of the coach and team officials.
- They must purchase and wear an official Parks swim team suit for all competitions.
|Brownsville Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Metropolitan Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|St. John's Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|54 East Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Asser Levy Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Chelsea Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Gertrude Ederle Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Hansborough Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Tony Dapolito Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Flushing Meadows Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Roy Wilkins Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
For more information about Parks’ swim programs,call Parks Citywide Aquatics at (718) 760-6969.For general information about Parks & Recreation,call 311 or (212) NEW-YORK from outside New YorkCity.