Swim with the Best: Join a Parks Swim Team
NYC Parks offers talented youths ages 6 through 18 an opportunity to join a Parks swim team. Swimmers train for High Point Meets and the Borough Cup Championship.
Practice sessions are held at least three times a week and emphasize stroke technique, endurance and speed training, starts and turns, rules and sportsmanship.
2019 - 2020 Season Schedule
Fall 2019: October 7, 2019 – December 31, 2019
Winter/Spring 2020: January 2, 2020 – May 16, 2020
In order to qualify for the team, you must:
- be capable of swimming 50 meters freestyle in good form. Swimming 50 meters will not guarantee placement on the team.
- submit a complete online application (signed by a parent/guardian) before trying out
- provide a copy of their birth certificate on the day of your tryout to verify their age
Please note: All swim team participants must be members of an NYC Parks recreation center. Recreation center memberships are free for kids and teens ages 17 and younger. To learn more about becoming a member, please visit our Recreation Center Membership page.
Free with an NYC Parks Recreation Center Membership.
How to Join
Team tryouts are held on an ongoing basis. To renew your swim team membership or to try out as a new swimmer for a team, please complete the online application.
Returning Swim Team Members: Friday, September 13 at noon – Friday, September 27 at 11:59 p.m.
First-Time Applicants: Monday, September 30 at noon – Wednesday, February 12 at 11:59 p.m.
Returning Swim Team Members
Due to limited slots, swimmers who participated in the 2019 – 2020 Indoor Swim Season will be given the opportunity to rejoin the team by completing their online registration beginning Friday, September 13 at noon and not later than Friday, September 27, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Please note: If you are a returning swimmer, you must register for the same swim team you participated in last year. If you register for a new swim team, you will be considered a new swimmer and your application will not be accepted. You can register for a new swim team beginning Monday, September 30 at noon.
Online registration will open to all applicants on a first-come, first-served basis starting Monday, September 30 at 12 noon and ending on Wednesday, February 12, 2019 at 11:59pm. Beginning Saturday, September 28, all applications will be considered “new applicants” including the previous year’s swim team members who register on September 30 or later.
Please note: If you are a new applicant who did not swim during the 2018 – 2019 indoor season and registered during the returning swim team member registration period, your application will not be accepted and you must re-register beginning Monday, September 30th at 12 noon.
Swim Team Sites and Online Application
There are currently no programs available for registration at this time.
Parks Swim Team Rules
All Parks Swim Team members must comply with the following requirements:
- All swim team participants must be members at an NYC Parks recreation center.
- Swim team members must participated in 2 out of 3 training sessions per week. Flushing Meadows Aquacades swim team members are required to participate in 3 out of 4 practices every week.
- Swim team members must arrive on time for training sessions.
- They must follow the instructions of the coach and team officials.
- They must purchase and wear an official Parks swim team suit for all competitions.
- Swimmers must participate in all High Point Swim Meets. Team members must participate in at least two High Point Swim Meets to qualify for participation in the Borough Cup Swimming Championship.
- They must comply with all facility/pool and competition rules and regulations, and observe safety guidelines at all times.
For more information, please contact our Citywide Aquatics team at (718) 760-6969 Ext. 0