Shape Up NYC Volunteer Fitness Instructor Application
Are you a certified group fitness professional interested in giving back to your community? Become a volunteer fitness instructor for Shape Up NYC, our drop-in fitness program across NYC!
If you can commit to teaching one class per week for 12 weeks, Shape Up NYC will find you a host site in your community.
- A nationally-accredited certification in group fitness (such as AFAA/NASM Primary Group Fitness, Zumba, 200-hour Yoga training, etc.)
- At least six months of teaching experience
- Volunteers must commit to teaching a Shape Up NYC class once a week for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- All accepted NYC Parks volunteers must be cleared through Go Pass (a background check undertaken through the Department of Education). Volunteers are required to have a social security number for Go Pass. In order to get fingerprinted, volunteer applicants must be able to provide: 1) U.S. government-issued ID; 2) printed Go Pass Referral Form; 3) the NYC Parks Go Pass Waiver Form.