Kids in Motion
The Kids in Motion program engages children in active, outdoor play. An NYC Parks staff member leads four to seven hours of free activities in NYC’s playgrounds, including organized sports, games, fitness demos, board games, water games, and more!
This program has expanded with funding from the Mayor's Community Parks Initiative. For more information on our parks equity program, visit the Community Parks Initiative page.
Know Before You Go
For everyone's safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
How to Join
Kids in Motion is a free, drop-in program without registration. Children can head to the playground during the listed hours of operation to participate. Occasionally a Kids in Motion program may be cancelled due to harsh weather or other conditions.
Please note: We recommend that guardians accompany children participating in this program. Kids in Motion is not a child care program and NYC Parks is not responsible for the well-being of attendees.