NYC Resources311Office of the Mayor

Official Website of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation

Recreation Center Membership

Exercise class at a recreation center

Our recreation centers are more than just indoor gyms! Join a recreation center and become part of a community of New Yorkers who support each other. With a membership, you can get fit, learn new skills, develop your hobbies, and make friends.

To find a recreation center in your area, visit our recreation center locations page.

Membership Benefits

Become a member, and get access to hundreds of different programs, facilities, and activities, including:

Adaptive Programs

Arts & Tech Courses

Exercise Equipment

Fitness and Dance Classes

Game Rooms

Gyms and Indoor Tracks

Indoor Pools*

Sports Programs

*Included in membership packages with access to all recreation centers. 

Take a Look Inside our Recreation Centers

Here are some more highlights of programs and activities at our recreation centers. Take a look inside

Membership Packages

Adults 25 through 61

Access to All Centers

Annual Membership Fee: $150
Six-month membership available for $75

Access to Any Center Without An Indoor Pool

Annual Membership Fee: $100
Six-month membership available for $50

People with Disabilities

Access to All Centers

Annual Membership Fee: $25

Seniors 62 and up

Access to All Centers

Annual Membership Fee: $25


Access to All Centers

Annual Membership Fee: $25

Young Adults 18 through 24

Access to All Centers

Annual Membership Fee: $25.

Youth under 18

Access to All Centers

Free membership!

Instructor-led courses like aerobics, martial arts, music or yoga may require additional session fees. 

IDNYC Discount

New Yorkers ages 25-61 receive a 10 percent discount for all adult recreation center memberships if they have a New York City ID. To get this discount, just show your IDNYC card at membership registration.

How to Join Our Recreation Centers

Complete a Recreation Center Membership Registration Form and bring it with your payment to any of our recreation center locations with a government-issued ID, plus additional required documentation if you're enrolling as a veteran or enrolling as a person with a disability. Youth may bring a student ID, passport, or birth certificate. If you do not have a valid form of identification, find out how to get one at Get Your IDNYC.

Recreation Center Membership Registration Form

Download the Recreation Center Membership Registration Form

The membership registration form can be filled out and printed from your computer. Signatures must be handwritten. Most fields are mandatory. For more information or assistance, please call any recreation center. The New York State Voter Registration Form may be used to register to vote, or update your name, address or party affiliation. Voter registration does not affect your eligibility for city services. You must be a citizen to register to vote.


Memberships must be paid with:

  • A major credit or debit card
  • A money order
  • A check made out to "City of New York/Parks & Recreation"

There is no sign-up fee. Cash is not accepted. Refunds are not available. 

About Enrolling as a Person with a Disability

Most recreation centers are fully wheelchair-accessible, with adaptive equipment and programs. Please visit each recreation center page for more information. Aides for people with disabilities may access the centers free of charge in order to assist a person with a disability. They may be asked to sign in at the front desk before accessing the facility. Service animals are welcome.

To enroll as a person with a disability, you'll need to bring a government-issued photo ID and one of the following:

  • New York City Department of Transportation Parking Permit for People with Disabilities (PPPD)
  • MTA Access-A-Ride ID Card
  • MTA Reduced Fare ID Card
  • New York State Parks Individual Access Pass

About Enrolling as a Veteran

To enroll as a veteran, you'll need to bring a government-issued photo ID and one of the following:

  • Armed Forces of the United States Report of Transfer or Discharge (DD-214)
  • National Guard Bureau Report of Separation & Record of Service (NGB-22)
  • New York City IDNYC with Veteran Designator*
  • New York State DMV Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID with Veteran Designator*
  • United States Uniformed Services Identification Card for Retired Personnel (DD-2 RET)
  • U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs Veterans Hospital Identification Card (VHIC)

*Does not require additional government-issued photo identification, since it satisfies both requirements.


Visitors of New York City must purchase a recreation center membership to use the facilities, and are encouraged to refer to the Recreation Centers page for hours of operation. At this time, day passes for visitors are only available at the Flushing Meadows Corona Park Aquatic Center. Please call the center at (718) 271-7572 to inquire about purchasing a day pass.

Give the Gift of Health

Recreation center gift memberships are now available at indoor recreation facilities citywide. Call individual recreation centers for details.

Was this information helpful?