Field and Court Permit Requests

New York City's parks host thousands of sporting events every year. In order to reserve an NYC Parks athletic field or court, organized leagues or individuals must request a permit. Apply online now using our Field and Court Requests system.

Requesting a Field or Court

Before you apply, visit our Requesting a Field or Court Permit page if you have any questions about whether you need a permit and what kind of permit you need. Also, you can find out when the request period opens up for each upcoming athletic field season.

Learn more about requesting a field or court

Requirements for Youth Baseball and Youth Softball

The City of New York requires that all youth baseball and youth softball leagues playing on ballfields in City parks must have an AED device and a trained responder made available at every league game and practice. Youth baseball and youth softball leagues found to be in violation of this practice will be subject to warnings, fines, and denials of future permits.

NYC Parks will provide AEDs and training to league officials. If you have already been given an AED unit, you must recertify your user agreement in advance of the upcoming youth baseball season. If you have any questions and or concerns about this new policy, please email

Apply Online Now

If you have used our online system before, please log in now using your existing account.

If this is your first time applying for a permit, please create a new account.

If you have already created an account with our special events system, or with certain other citywide permitting systems, you can sign in with that account.

Forgot Password?

Don’t have an account? Sign Up

Help and Contact Information

If you’re looking for help with your permit request or you want contact information for any of our borough sports permit offices, please visit our Help For Field and Court Permit Requests page, which will guide you through the process of requesting a field and court permit.

Help For Field and Court Permit Requests

Browse Our Field and Court Map

Find out which athletic fields have been permitted and see what’s available for the current season.

Browse the Map

Cropped section of ballfield map

If you suspect that a field or court is being mis-used, or that a permit is being regularly unused, please visit 311 to report a violation of park rules. You can select “Obstructing Public Use” from the Details section, and then “Court/Field/Rink” from the additional details section.

Register to Vote

Are you registered to vote? If not, register to vote now.

Was this information helpful?