Cpl. Louis Zimmerman
Click image for larger view
- Location: N. Olinville, Barker, Britton Streets; on brick wall
- Description: Plaque recessed into wall
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 14" W: 24 ½"
- Donor: Residents of New York City
- Inscription: THIS PLAYGROUND / IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF / LOUIS ZIMMERMAN / CORPORAL; / HEADQUARTERS COMPANY; / 305TH INFANTRY; 77TH DIVISION; / KILLED IN ACTION ON NOVEMBER 5TH; 1918 / IN THE ARGONNE - MEUSE OFFENSIVE / THIS SITE WAS PURCHASED AND / DEVELOPED WITH FUNDS CONTRIBUTED BY / RESIDENTS OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK. /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143