Cooking with Ginger at Wave Hill
Saturday, January 19, 2013
2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The ginger family, Zingiberaceae, includes spicy ginger, cardamom and turmeric. Assistant Director of Public Programs Laurel Rimmer shares a sampling of these tropical herbs and their ornamental kin, while a chef from Wave Hill caterer Great Performances demonstrates various ways to cook with fresh and dried members of this aromatic plant family.
Cooking at Wave Hill Ginger Lily Hedychium 'Gold Flame'
Photo credit: Dan Willner
Directions to Wave Hill
Wave Hill Weather
- Family Art Project: Exotic Desert Dwellers
- Winter Workspace Drop-In Sunday
- Winter Workspace Workshop: Narratives in Encaustic
- Family Art Project: A Living Wall
- Garden & Conservatory Highlights Walk