Fort Number Four
Click image for larger view
- Location: Reservoir Avenue and University Avenue
- Description: Tablet recessed in stone wall
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 30" W: 42"
- Dedicated: 1914
- Foundry: Paul E. Cabaret and Co.
- Donor: Daughters of the Revolution
- Inscription: FORT NUMBER FOUR / OF THE EXTERIOR DEFENSES OF / FORT WASHINGTON AND KING'S BRIDGE / CONSTRUCTED BY THE AMERICAN ARMY / UNDER GENERAL WASHINGTON / 1776 / --- / THE DAUGHTERS OF THE REVOLUTION / STATE OF NEW YORK / ERECTED THIS MEMORIAL / 1914 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143