Washington Square Park
St. Martin Celebration
Saturday, November 9, 2013
4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
German tradition tells of a Roman Soldier, Martin of Tours, who cut his cloak in half for a beggar during a cold winter's storm. In honoring his noble act, we will build lanterns and sing songs, followed by a parade with St. Martin and his horse!
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Lantern crafting (Fee per child: $10)*
5:00 – 6:00p.m.: Parade with St. Martin
*If you bring your own lantern, the parade is free.
Directions to Washington Square Park
Washington Square Park Weather
- Washington Square Arch Receives “Green” Lighting Update
- Washington Square Arch Receives "Green" Lighting Upgrade
- This Weekend In Parks
- "Welcome!" program
- Tai Chi Class
- Arts, Culture & Fun Dance Away the Night Series: Tango Nights!
- Washington Square Park: Sacred Sounds Yoga Class
- Washington Square Park Kids Yoga