Washington Square Park
Washington Square Park Music Festival: Music of East Africa
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
8:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Music of East Africa featuring Nepo Soteri, guitarist, singer and composer who survived the Rwandan civil war. His music is directly influenced by the raw rhythms and stylized sounds unique to such African countries as Tanzania, Kenya and Ethiopia, from which spring the roots of American jazz. Preceding the concert in the afternoon, will be a children’s interactive rhythm workshop with African musicians.
*In case of rain: Will be held at St. Joseph’s Church.
Directions to Washington Square Park
- Washington Square Arch Receives “Green” Lighting Update
- Washington Square Arch Receives "Green" Lighting Upgrade
- This Weekend In Parks
- Free Tour of Washington Square Park
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Dance Away the Night with Strictly Tango
- Free Yoga at Garibaldi Plaza
- Free Kids Yoga at Washington Square Park
- Free Movement Classes for Adults and Seniors