Twenty-Four Sycamores Park
FDR Dr., E. 60 St. To E. 61 St. and York Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
The 24 Sycamores Playground is located at York Avenue, between East 60th and 61st Streets. The site consists of land formerly underwater and property once owned by the Standard Oil Company of New York (Socony). In 1943 Parks Commissioner Robert Moses suggested that the land be transferred to the Parks Department because the area was lacking "active recreation facilities." The majority of the property (.525 acre) was surrendered by the Commissioner of Marine and Aviation and transferred to Parks on March 11, 1943. The remaining piece of the property (.097 acre) was bought by Parks from Socony on August 13, 1943.
In partnership with the Jazz Foundation of America. A professional musician for over 50 years, Queens-born...