E. 27 St. and Emmons Ave.
Directions via GoogleMaps
This site is named for J. Driscoll Tucker (1872-1945), a Brooklyn politician known as the “Mayor of Sheepshead Bay.” Tucker headed the Second Assembly District of Sheepshead Bay and worked to build the footbridge between Sheepshead Bay and Manhattan Beach.
The son of Irish immigrants John and Annie O’Driscoll, he was born on July 16, 1872 on East 41st Street in Manhattan, in the area now known as Tudor City. He grew up in the Sheepshead Bay area and took to a career in politics. Among his notable associations, Mr. Tucker worked as a secretary for Grover A. Whalen (1886-1962), a notable public official, who at that time held the office of Commissioner of Plant and Structures.