1 Ave. To 2 Ave., bet. E. 124 St. and E. 126 St.
Directions via GoogleMaps
When Robert Moses (1888-1981) took control of the Triborough Bridge Authority in 1934, he envisioned a series of parks with play facilities and landscaping surrounding the bridge approaches. Triboro Plaza was developed beside the Manhattan approach ramps to the Triborough Bridge on land originally under the control of the Department of Docks. The city transferred control of this plot of land after it had been surrendered by the Department of Docks in May 1935 to the Triborough Bridge Authority for the purpose of building a bridge approach upon it.