Tremont Park is named for the neighborhood in which it resides. This area was known as Upper Morrisania until the 1850s, when local postmaster Hiram Tarbox realized his mail was getting mixed up with that of nearby Morrisania. Legend has it that he renamed the town “Tremont” for the three nearby hills—Fairmount, Mount Eden, and Mount Hope.
Learn about our plan to guide the development of Crotona Park and Tremont Park.
Directions to Tremont Park
- Newly Renovated Playgrounds Debut At Tremont Park
- Newly Renovated Playgrounds Open In Tremont Park
- SPOTLIGHT ON: TREMONT PARK
- Citywide Comfort Station and Facility Electrical System Repair (CNYG-914M)
- Citywide Comfort Station and Facility Reconstruction - Plumbing & HVAC (CNYG-1014M)
- Citywide Comfort Station and Facility Reconstruction (CNYG-814MA)