Thomas Jefferson Park
1 Ave., FDR Dr., bet. E. 111 St. and E. 114 St.
Directions via Google Maps
Although only a few blocks long, this friendly neighborhood park is packed to the brim with things to do. On busy days, runners circle the track while groups of friends shoot hoops, hit balls, and take advantage of the baseball and handball courts. The small recreation center on its grounds offers a fitness room, exercise equipment, and classes for those looking for a good workout.
Thomas Jefferson Park is also a wonderful resource for local children. Its substantial playground, complete with swings and slides galore, provides plenty of spaces for jumping, climbing, and carrying on, while inside the recreation center the afterschool program provides more structured fun.
In the summer the park takes on a whole new character, when the outdoor pool is opened and families come out to use the barbeque grills and picnic tables. But no matter what the weather is like, Thomas Jefferson Park always offers plenty to do.
Discover the history of Thomas Jefferson Park
Join NYC Parks and the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for a free film! This movie is held...
Bring your kids to the park on Saturday, April 26, 2014 to play classic games, including sports clinics and Learn to Ride Your Bike lessons.
Directions to Thomas Jefferson Park
- NYC Parks Brings Classic Back With Annual Street Games Event
- This Weekend In Parks
- NYC Parks Street Games In East Harlem Brings Back Classic Games Of The 60’S And 70’S
- Basketball Court Reconstruction in Various Locations in Manhattan
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Thomas Jefferson Park East Harlem Skate Park Construction
- Thomas Jefferson Park Irrigation