Thomas Jefferson Park
1 Ave., FDR Dr., bet. E. 111 St. and E. 114 St.
Directions via Google Maps
Although only a few blocks long, this friendly neighborhood park is packed to the brim with things to do. On busy days, runners circle the track while groups of friends shoot hoops, hit balls, and take advantage of the baseball and handball courts. The small recreation center on its grounds offers a fitness room, exercise equipment, and classes for those looking for a good workout.
Thomas Jefferson Park is also a wonderful resource for local children. Its substantial playground, complete with swings and slides galore, provides plenty of spaces for jumping, climbing, and carrying on, while inside the recreation center the afterschool program provides more structured fun.
In the summer the park takes on a whole new character, when the outdoor pool is opened and families come out to use the barbeque grills and picnic tables. But no matter what the weather is like, Thomas Jefferson Park always offers plenty to do.
Discover the history of Thomas Jefferson Park
Play old-school street games from the '60s and '70s at our 11th annual Street Games festival in East...
New Jersey-based African American sculptor Melvin Edwards designed the polished disk to be tilted so it can reflect sunlight as the sun moves across the sky during the day.
Directions to Thomas Jefferson Park
- NYC PARKS CUTS RIBBON ON EAST HARLEM SKATE PARK IN THOMAS JEFFERSON PARK
- NYC PARKS JOINS GLOBAL APPAREL RETAILER UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Citywide Recreation Center Fire Alarm System Reconstruction
- Thomas Jefferson Park Irrigation Installation
- Thomas Jefferson Park Playground Reconstruction