The High Line
High Line Basics: Know Before You Go
- December 1 to March 31: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 1 to May 31: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- June 1 to September 30: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- October 1 to November 30: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Park rules prohibit:
- Walking on rail tracks, gravel, or plants
- Picking flowers or plants
- Throwing objects
- Sitting on railings or climbing on any part of the High Line
- Bicycles, skateboards, skates and scooters
- Performances or amplified sound, except by permit
- Commercial activity, except by permit
- Glass bottles
- Obstructing entrances or paths
- Drinking alcohol, except in designated concession areas
- Feeding birds or squirrels
- Dogs (dogs are currently not allowed on the High Line due to the limited area of the pathways and the fragility of the new plantings).
Entrances are located at:
- Gansevoort Street and Washington Street (elevator access)
- 14th Street (elevator access)
- 16th Street (elevator access)
- 18th Street
- 20th Street
- 23rd Street (elevator access)
- 26th Street
- 28th Street
- 30th Street (elevator access)
- 30th Street and 11th Avenue
- 34th Street and 12th Avenue (ramp access) - Open 7 a.m. to sunset
The High Line is fully wheelchair accessible. The High Line is wheelchair accessible via elevator at Gansevoort Street, 14th Street, 16th Street, 23rd Street, and 30th Street; and also at street-level at 34th Street. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located at Gansevoort Street and 16th Street.
For park information, including park hours, please visit the Friends of The High Line's information page, or please call the High Line Information Line: (212) 206-9922.
Directions to The High Line
- Welcoming Spring Along The High Line
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX
- High Line Basics: Know Before You Go