The High Line
Talk: Beyond the High Line: Transforming Fresh Kills, Staten Island
Monday, September 23, 2013
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Fresh Kills landfill, once the largest landfill in the world, is being transformed into Freshkills Park, one of New York City’s largest public parks. Hear James Corner, of James Corner Field Operations, and Eloise Hirsh, of the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation, discuss plans for public access to the area’s creeks, wetlands, meadows, and sweeping vistas.
This High Line Program is free and open to visitors of all ages. No RSVP required. A free reception with the speakers will follow the presentation.
Stay for dinner and dessert after the talk. On the High Line between West 15th and West 16th Streets you will find tacos, gelato, ice pops, and more seasonal treats from our food vendors, as well as Terroir at The Porch, a full-service, open-air café serving beer, wine, and small plates with sweeping views of the Hudson River.
Directions to The High Line
- Welcoming Spring Along The High Line
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX
- Tai Chi
- ¡Arriba!: Latin Dance Party with Folklore Urbano
- High Line Art Tour: Mutations