The High Line
¡Arriba! Community Dance Parties at the High Line
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Grab your friends and bring your dancing shoes – evenings of live Latin music and dancing are returning to the High Line this summer! Friends of the High Line is pleased to partner with HAI and Hudson Guild to host some of New York City’s best Latin bands at the High Line, transforming the park into an open-air dance floor at sunset.
Part of High Line Live! – a performance series at the High Line – ¡Arriba! nights in June, July, and August feature different live acts bringing their own energy, musical style, and flavor to our community dance parties. This month Liliana Araújo and her lively band Forró da Madame heat up ¡Arriba! with Brazilian forró, a popular dance and musical style marked by accordion, triangle, and zabumba bass drum beats. Visit our website for more information regarding all performances.
Directions to The High Line
- Welcoming Spring Along The High Line
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX
- Tai Chi
- ¡Arriba!: Latin Dance Party with Folklore Urbano
- High Line Art Tour: Mutations