The High Line
Gansevoort St. To W. 30 St. bet. Washington St. and 11 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
The High Line is an elevated freight rail line transformed into a public park on Manhattan’s West Side. It is owned by the City of New York, and maintained and operated by Friends of the High Line. Founded in 1999 by community residents, Friends of the High Line fought for the High Line’s preservation and transformation at a time when the historic structure was under the threat of demolition. It is now the non-profit conservancy working with the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation to make sure the High Line is maintained as an extraordinary public space for all visitors to enjoy. In addition to overseeing maintenance, operations, and public programming for the park, Friends of the High Line raises the funding to maintain and operate the High Line and its programs from both private and public sources.
For park information, including park hours, please visit the Friends of The High Line's information page, or please call the High Line Information Line: (212) 206-9922.
Know Before You Go
Park rules prohibit:
- Walking on rail tracks, gravel, or plants
- Picking flowers or plants
- Throwing objects
- Sitting or climbing on railings
- Use of skateboards, skates, or recreational scooters
- Amplified sound, except by permit
- Commercial activity, except by permit or otherwise authorized
- Obstructing entrances or paths
- Drinking alcohol, except in authorized areas
- Filming or photography requiring equipment or exclusive use of an area, except by permit
- Events or gatherings greater than 20 persons, except by permit
- Dogs, except for service dogs
Access to the High Line is possible via any of the access points listed below:
- Gansevoort Street and Washington Street (elevator access)
- 14th Street (elevator access)
- 16th Street (elevator access)
- 18th Street
- 20th Street
- 23rd Street (elevator access)
- 26th Street
- 28th Street
- 29th Street (elevator access)
- 30th Street
- 34th Street (ramp access) - open 7 a.m. to sunset
The High Line is wheelchair accessible.
Head to the High Line each Tuesday night for a romantic walk along the park and a chance to take a closer look at the...
Directions to The High Line
- Welcoming Spring Along The High Line
- City Acquires Third Section Of The High Line
- Mayor Bloomberg, Speaker Quinn And Friends Of The High Line Announce The City's Acquisition Of The Third Section Of The High Line From CSX