Blood Root Valley
Living with Deer
Saturday, February 15, 2020
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join the Urban Park Rangers to learn about deer. We will find signs of deer (buck rubs, deer scat, deer prints, chewed twigs) on a hike in the park, and share five tips to follow to promote a healthy coexistence with these animals.
Directions to Blood Root Valley
Know Before You Go
Greenbelt Recreation Center
New York City’s recreation centers and indoor pools remain closed to the general public until further notice to provide COVID-19 related services as well as free childcare options for children who are scheduled for blended learning. To learn more or to apply for the childcare program, please visit the New York City Department of Education’s Learning Bridges program page.
Once we reopen, NYC Parks will extend all existing recreation center memberships to cover the length of time we are closed to the general public.
- Woodlands and Waterfowl: White Trail to Willowbrook Park
- Making Leaf Rubbing with Foliage Friends (Morning Session)
- Making Leaf Rubbing with Foliage Friends (Afternoon Session)
- Textile Transformations II: From a Social Distance
- Con Edison's Family Science Night