Blood Root Valley
Workshop for Volunteers: Staten Island Parks Connections
Saturday, September 28, 2019
10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Partnerships for Parks for our annual Staten Island Parks Connections to mix and mingle with community leaders and NYC Parks staff in your borough. At this networking event and workshop, discover strategic ways to recruit volunteers and keep them engaged. Whether you’re a first time or seasoned volunteer, enjoy a free brunch and good company as we celebrate the community of Staten Island park advocates and work to make it stronger!
- A rundown of the latest resources and staff here to support you
- Characteristics of a thriving park group
- Tips on keeping volunteers motivated and engaged
- Inspiration from active & experienced community leaders
Featured Speakers: To be announced.
At Partnerships for Parks, we help people, organizations, and government work together to support NYC parks, gardens, trees, and other green spaces. Our free workshops are a great way to network and learn the skills needed to start, build, or sustain your park group.
Directions to Blood Root Valley
Know Before You Go
Greenbelt Recreation Center
As of Saturday, June 22, the elevator at Greenbelt Recreation Center is out of service. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Trail Maintainers Training
- Historical Lecture with Friends of Olmsted-Beil House
- Moses Mountain Hike
- Greenbelt Peepers for Two-Year-Olds
- Greenbelt Tree Tots for Three- and Four-Year-Olds