Blood Root Valley
Saturday, September 20, 2014
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Lenape called this the place of the bad woods.
There is an impulse to go wandering down to the marsh.
The wildness of the dark woods haunts me.
“Bad Woods” is an hour-long dance performance and music installation, inspired by the native Lenape and the forests that exist in present day. Explore the wildness as it manifests within shadows, light, and the silhouetted movement during the sunset.
This performance is choreographed by Melissa West and is part of the “Arts in the Greenbelt” program series.
Registration is required.
Directions to Blood Root Valley
- Trail Stewardship Orientation: Volunteer to become a “Trailblazer”
- Mushrooms: Discovery Hike
- Evening Group Hike at the Greenbelt Nature Center
- Greenbelt Peepers (for 2 year olds)
- Tree Tots (for 3 and 4 year olds)