Blood Root Valley
Growing Food on Staten Island
Thursday, July 31, 2014
7:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for a showing of Jay Weichun’s documentary exploring the borough’s vegetable gardens, as well as the people who grow them .
This documentary, filmed over several years, features a diverse and colorful array of plants and people who are part of this current chapter of the borough’s agricultural history. After the documentary, Jay will field questions from the audience.
This free program is part of the Arts in the Greenbelt series, sponsored by New York Community Trust.
Directions to Blood Root Valley
- Autumn Equinox: Discovery Hike
- Trail Stewardship Orientation: Volunteer to become a “Trailblazer”
- Mushrooms: Discovery Hike
- Evening Group Hike at the Greenbelt Nature Center
- Greenbelt Peepers (for 2 year olds)