Blood Root Valley
Saturday, May 11, 2013
11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
April showers have certainly brought May flowers. Learn about the flowers that brighten up our days. We will listen to a colorful story and make an equally colorful craft to take home for Mothers’ Day. Weather-permitting, we will hike the Nature trail in search of beautiful wildflowers in celebration of the 6th annual NYC Wildflower Week, which is sponsored locally by Con Ed. This program is suitable for ages 4-8 with adult chaperone.
Call or email to register.
NYC Wildflower Week
Directions to Blood Root Valley
- Autumn Equinox: Discovery Hike
- Trail Stewardship Orientation: Volunteer to become a “Trailblazer”
- Mushrooms: Discovery Hike
- Evening Group Hike at the Greenbelt Nature Center
- Greenbelt Peepers (for 2 year olds)