View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Sunset Park Memorial
- Location: Between playground and chess tables
- Description: Inscribed granite marker
- Materials: granite
- Inscription: THEY SHALL EVER BE REMEMBERED / FOR THEIR GLORIFIED SERVICE / TO GOD AND COUNTRY / IN MEMORIAM / TO THOSE OF THIS COMMUNITY / WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / DURING THE GREAT WAR FOR CIVILIZATION / 1917 - 1919 / ERECTED BY THE / SEVENTH ASSEMBLY DISTRICT DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATION / WILLIAM J. HEFFERMAN & AGNES LEONARD WARD / EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
Directions to Sunset Park
Know Before You Go
Sunset Park Recreation Center
New York City’s recreation centers and indoor pools remain closed to the general public until further notice to provide COVID-19 related services as well as free childcare options for children who are scheduled for blended learning. To learn more or to apply for the childcare program, please visit the New York City Department of Education’s Learning Bridges program page.
Once we reopen, NYC Parks will extend all existing recreation center memberships to cover the length of time we are closed to the general public.
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES OVER $3 MILLION IN RENOVATIONS TO SUNSET PLAYGROUND IN SUNSET PARK
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- Parks Celebrates $4.4 Million Renovation To Sunset Park Field