41 St., 44 St., bet. 5 Ave. and 7 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Sunset Park is one of New York’s hidden treasures. Tucked away in the Brooklyn neighborhood that bares its name, this park is famous for its breathtaking vista. Sunset Park offers, at sunset, and at all times, stunning views of the rugged skyline of Manhattan. From the park’s highest point, you can see the Statue of Liberty, vibrant Brooklyn neighborhoods, and the green hills of Staten Island and New Jersey. Turning your gaze inward to the park, you see an equally diverse terrain: a state-of-the-art swimming pool, green fields, pedestrian walkways, a sand volleyball court, a recreation center, and a living memorial commemorating September 11th.
In the summer months, Sunset Park and its pool become home to swimmers and sun worshipers. Designed in a neoclassical/Art Deco style, the pool first opened its waters to the public in 1936. It has since then offered to the Sunset Park community and visitors from all across New York City a range of recreational activities. Programs include Learn-to-Swim classes for all ages and lap swim for adults.
With an active recreation center and playground, Sunset Park has visitors even in the colder months of the year. The recreation center has, among other highlights, a media lab a library, a dance room, and a workout room with cardio equipment and free weights.
Join the Urban Park Rangers for an afternoon of family fun as we go on a scavenger hunt using digital cameras...
Honor the victims of September 11th by walking along the park's memorial grove.
Directions to Sunset Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES OVER $3 MILLION IN RENOVATIONS TO SUNSET PLAYGROUND IN SUNSET PARK
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- Parks Celebrates $4.4 Million Renovation To Sunset Park Field
- Citywide Pool Electrical Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-815MA)
- Citywide Pool Piping Hangers and Supports Reconstruction (CNYG-419M)
- Citywide Pool Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-915M)
- Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1015M)
- Sunset Park Handball Court Reconstruction
General Inquiries: (718) 965-6533