41 St., 44 St., bet. 5 Ave. and 7 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Sunset Park is one of New York’s hidden treasures. Tucked away in the Brooklyn neighborhood that bares its name, this park is famous for its breathtaking vista. Sunset Park offers, at sunset, and at all times, stunning views of the rugged skyline of Manhattan. From the park’s highest point, you can see the Statue of Liberty, vibrant Brooklyn neighborhoods, and the green hills of Staten Island and New Jersey. Turning your gaze inward to the park, you see an equally diverse terrain: a state-of-the-art swimming pool, green fields, pedestrian walkways, a sand volleyball court, a recreation center, and a living memorial commemorating September 11th.
In the summer months, Sunset Park and its pool become home to swimmers and sun worshipers. Designed in a neoclassical/Art Deco style, the pool first opened its waters to the public in 1936. It has since then offered to the Sunset Park community and visitors from all across New York City a range of recreational activities. Programs include Learn-to-Swim classes for all ages, free After School swimming instruction, and Adult Lap times. The Brooklyn Swim Team, a competitive swim team for children and teens, also trains out of this pool. A wading pool gives even young children the chance to play and cool off in the water.
With an active recreation center and playground, Sunset Park has visitors even in the colder months of the year. The recreation center has, among other highlights, a Computer Recreation Center (CRC) with 9 computers, a library, a dance room, and a workout room with cardio equipment and free weights.
Honor the victims of September 11th by walking along the park's memorial grove.
Directions to Sunset Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES OVER $3 MILLION IN RENOVATIONS TO SUNSET PLAYGROUND IN SUNSET PARK
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- Parks Celebrates $4.4 Million Renovation To Sunset Park Field
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction at Pool Facilities
- Citywide Pool Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-915M)
- Citywide Pool Systems Reconstruction
- Sunset Park Adult Fitness Area Construction
- Sunset Park Path Reconstruction
General Inquiries: (718) 965-6533