St. Vartan Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Murray Hill War Memorial
- Location: 35th-36th Streets and 1st and 2nd Avenues
- Description: 4 tablets set into exterior of building wall
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: Tablets H: 1'5" W: 2'7"; Base H: 3'7" W: 2'5"
- Dedicated: 1936
- Donor: Murry Hill Post No. 56, American Legion
- Inscription: THE BRONZE PLAQUES / FLAGPOLE AND GROVE / OF TREES. PROVIDED / BY
THE CITIZENS OF THIS / COMMUNITY. UNDER / THE SPONSORSHIP OF / MURRY
HILL POST NO. 56 / AMERICAN LEGION, ARE / DEDICATED IN HALLOWED/
MEMORY OF THE SONS OF / THIS NEIGHBORHOOD / WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES/
IN THE WORLD WAR / IN THE CAUSE OF / JUSTICE, FREEDOM / AND/
DEMOCRACY / DEDICATED, 1936