St. Mary's Park
Rat Academy: Keeping the Garden Rat-Free
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Facilitated by NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and GreenThumb
Learn Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies for keeping rats from wrecking your garden. In this workshop, participants will learn proper rat prevention measures, how to look for signs of rats, and how to correct the conditions that attract rats.
Community gardeners may be eligible to pick up a rat-proof trash can at this workshop to bring back to their community garden. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
GreenThumb, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene,
Directions to St. Mary's Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
St. Mary's Dog Run
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of the dog run and ballfield in the southeast corner of St. Mary's Park is now underway. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
St. Mary's Park
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of the southern section of St. Mary's Park is now underway. This project includes reconstruction of the park’s pathways, passive central area, amphitheater and west comfort station. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2021
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- South Bronx Community Gathers To Plan For The Future
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Concert with Annette A. Aguilar & StringBeans
- Rat Academy: Keeping the Garden Rat-Free
- Citywide Spelling Bee