St. Mary's Park
St Mary's St bet. St Ann's Av and Jackson Av
Directions via Google Maps
As the largest park in the south Bronx, St. Mary's Park gets plenty of love from those living in the area. And who could blame them? This park offers an oasis of fun and relaxation in a busy area. The lawns are particularly popular with picnickers, and families bring baskets full of food to grill on warm summer days. Runners circle the park's well-tended track, and those looking to "get their sport on" spend time slamming handballs on the handball court, hitting and pitching in the baseball diamond, and shooting hoops on the basketball court. The always-active rec center offers plenty of programs for members of all ages, including not just education programs and sports, but plenty of dance classes, and its indoor pool is perfect for lap swimmers and new learners alike.
Discover the history of St. Mary's Park
Open Run is a new community-based initiative that empowers local volunteers to bring free weekly runs to local...
With daily classes, new equipment, and a 72-foot pool, St. Mary's Recreation Center is one of the Bronx's best destinations for fitness.
Directions to St. Mary's Park
Know Before You Go
St. Mary’s Recreation Center
On Monday, May 30, 2016, the center will be closed in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. The center will resume normal operating hours on Tuesday, May 31.
Anticipated Completion: 05/30/2016
- South Bronx Community Gathers To Plan For The Future
- Recreation Center Kids Score Goals At Street Hockey Tourney
- St. Maryâ€™s Recreation Center Becomes Even Greener
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-415M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- St. Mary's Playground Reconstruction
- St. Mary's Recreation Center Reconstruction
- St. Mary’s Recreation Center Pool and Gymnasium HVAC Reconstruction