St. Mary's Park
St Mary's St bet. St Ann's Av and Jackson Av
Directions via Google Maps
As the largest park in the south Bronx, St. Mary's Park gets plenty of love from those living in the area. And who could blame them? This park offers an oasis of fun and relaxation in a busy area. The lawns are particularly popular with picnickers, and families bring baskets full of food to grill on warm summer days. Runners circle the park's well-tended track, and those looking to "get their sport on" spend time slamming handballs on the handball court, hitting and pitching in the baseball diamond, and shooting hoops on the basketball court. The always-active rec center offers plenty of programs for members of all ages, including not just education programs and sports, but plenty of dance classes, and its indoor pool is perfect for lap swimmers and new learners alike.
Discover the history of St. Mary's Park
Open Run is a community-based, volunteer-led running initiative bringing free weekly runs and walks to local...
With daily classes, new equipment, and a 72-foot pool, St. Mary's Recreation Center is one of the Bronx's best destinations for fitness.
Directions to St. Mary's Park
Know Before You Go
St. Mary’s Recreation Center
On Monday, May 27, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of Memorial Day.
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- South Bronx Community Gathers To Plan For The Future
- St. Mary's Park Amphitheater, Plaza, and Pathways Reconstruction
- St. Mary's Park and Recreation Center Green Infrastructure Construction
- St. Mary's Park Ballfields and Dog Run Reconstruction
- St. Mary's Park Playground West Comfort Station Reconstruction
- St. Mary's Park Playground West Reconstruction