St. Mary's Park
St Mary's St bet. St Ann's Av and Jackson Av
Directions via Google Maps
As the largest park in the south Bronx, St. Mary's Park gets plenty of love from those living in the area. And who could blame them? This park offers an oasis of fun and relaxation in a busy area. The lawns are particularly popular with picnickers, and families bring baskets full of food to grill on warm summer days. Runners circle the park's well-tended track, and those looking to "get their sport on" spend time slamming handballs on the handball court, hitting and pitching in the baseball diamond, and shooting hoops on the basketball court. The always-active rec center offers plenty of programs for members of all ages, including not just education programs and sports, but plenty of dance classes, and its indoor pool is perfect for lap swimmers and new learners alike.
Discover the history of St. Mary's Park
The Kids in Motion program engages children in active, outdoor play. An NYC Parks staff member leads four to seven...
With daily classes, new equipment, and a 72-foot pool, St. Mary's Recreation Center is one of the Bronx's best destinations for fitness.
Directions to St. Mary's Park
Know Before You Go
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of the southern section of St. Mary's Park is now underway. This project includes reconstruction of the park’s pathways, passive central area, amphitheater and west comfort station. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2021
The indoor pool is closed at this location.
St. Mary's Recreation Center is closed for reconstruction. Visit our Capital Tracker page for updates on this project.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2023
- NYC YOUTH INSTALL 2,000 SQFT OF GREEN ROOF ATOP ST. MARY’S REC CENTER IN THE BRONX
- NYC PARKS LEADS THE CITY IN GREEN ROOF DEVELOPMENT: ADDS 50,000 SQFT AND CREATES NEW YOUTH SUSTAINABILITY CORPS
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- St. Mary's Park Plaza, Pathways, and Gil Scott-Heron Amphitheater Reconstruction
- St. Mary's Park Recreation Center Reconstruction