St. John's Recreation Center
Troy Ave., Bergen St., Prospect Pl., Schenectady Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
This park and recreation center, located on Prospect Place between Troy Avenue and Schenectady Avenues in Bedford-Stuyvesant, is named for Saint John, also known as John the Evangelist and Saint John the Divine. He was one of the first disciples called to follow Jesus and is traditionally known as “the disciple whom Jesus loved.” St. John is the presumed author of the fourth gospel of the New Testament and, by tradition, the Book of Revelation.
There are many legends surrounding the power and holiness of John. It is said that he was sentenced to death by immersion in a cauldron of boiling oil. He was lowered into the pot and, some time later, emerged miraculously unharmed, even rejuvenated, with his hands joined in prayer. After Peter, he is the apostle most responsible for the formation of the early church in Palestine and is the patron saint of Asia Minor.
Minimum age: 5 years old Maximum age: 10 years old Each session will include: Basketball skills...
Directions to St. John's Recreation Center
Know Before You Go
St. John’s Recreation Center
The Media Lab will be closed for upgrades from Tuesday, December 12 through Thursday, December 14. The Media Lab will re-open on Friday, December 15 at 9:00 a.m.
- Buddy Keaton Honored With New Field At St. John’s
- Parks Cuts Ribbon On The New Buddy Keaton Field
- Parks Cuts the Ribbon and Unveils Mural at St. John's Playground
- Citywide Recreation Center Fire Alarm System Reconstruction
- St. John's Recreation Center Comfort Station Construction
- St. John's Recreation Center Hot Water Heater Installation
- St. John's Recreation Center HVAC Reconstruction