Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
|id||Prop_ID||Name||Location||Description||Hours||Belongs to Parks||Launch / Land||Storage|
|53||X118||Soundview Park||O'Brien Avenue at Leland Avenue, Soundview|
Enter the park and make a left off the main path to an asphalt ramp located near the confluence of the Bronx River and East River (about a three block portage from street parking). The area offers expansive views of the river, migratory birds and the distant Manhattan skyline.
Caution: Barge traffic and other motor boats.
|Dusk to Dawn||Yes|
|Available Parking||More Info||external||featured||Active||outof_season_start_date||outof_season_end_date||lat||lon|
- Urban Park Rangers Explorer Programs
- Bronx River Alliance
- Inwood Canoe Club
- Free Kayaking Programs provided by The New York City Downtown Boathouse
- Kayak Rentals at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park
- Wheel Fun Kayaking at Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Wheel Fun Kayaking at Marine Park, Jamaica Bay
Directions to Soundview Park
Know Before You Go
Portions of this park will be closed to bring an exciting and playful space for children, teenagers and adults to play. The new Metcalf Playground will bring an exciting and playful space for children, teenagers and adults to play and recreate.
Soundview Park Weather
- NYC PARKS OPENS NEW DOG RUN AT SOUNDVIEW PARK IN THE BRONX
- NYC Parks Cuts The Ribbon On New Soundview Amphitheater
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON NEW SOUNDVIEW AMPHITHEATER