Socrates Sculpture Park
Season 1, Summer 2006
The Temporary Public Art Program has sited the works of hundreds of artists in city parks, creating an outdoor gallery that's always open.
Each summer Socrates Sculpture Park, in collaboration with Museum of the Moving Image and Partnerships for Parks, presents an outdoor international film festival. Each evening focuses on a different country or culture, and visitors are invited to sample regional cuisine from neighborhood restaurants, picnic on the grass, listen to performances by local musicians, enjoy the waterfront views as the sun sets over the Manhattan skyline, and watch international films on an outdoor screen.
Directions to Socrates Sculpture Park
- FESTIVE, FUN, & FREE: THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS
- LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!: PARK FILM FESTIVALS PART II
- WOMAN ARTISTS AND ADMINISTRATORS ASSEMBLE FOR A PANEL DISCUSSION
- Outdoor Cinema: Chevalier (Greece)
- Socrates Farmers Market
- Saturday Sculpture Workshop: Kite Making 101 with Juan Hinojosa
- Young Dancemakers Company
- Corona Youth Music Project