Socrates Sculpture Park
Halloween Harvest Festival at Socrates Sculpture Park
Saturday, October 19, 2013
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Bring your friends and family to Socrates' annual Halloween Harvest Festival. Make a costume with Socrates artists; listen to live music; enjoy a special art-making workshop with Free Style Arts Association; get your face painted by Agostino Arts; enter your dog in our annual Canine Costume Contest; and try harvest foods from local restaurants.
This season, invoke the spirits of Queens as we share the stories and legends of this historic waterway. Join the Greater Astoria Historical Society for a walking tour and learn the horrors and mysteries of the treacherous East River, from churning whirlpools and electric eels. Starting under the Hell Gate Bridge in Astoria Park (Shore Blvd.), tour participants will stroll through Old Astoria Village and walk along the East River waterfront to Socrates Sculpture Park where their journey will culminate with ghostly performances of the area’s haunted history, led by the Hell Gate Kid. For tour registration, follow the link below.
Schedule of Events:
- 11:00am - 2:00pm Artist-led costume-making workshops
- 11:00am - 3:00pm Harvest foods for sale from LIC’s Breadbox Café, Rockaway’s Shore Fruit, and The Queens Kickshaw
- 11:30am - 2:30pm Face painting by Agostino Arts!
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm Annual Canine Costume Contest with LIC’s Pooches Sport & Spa
Directions to Socrates Sculpture Park
- FESTIVE, FUN, & FREE: THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN NEW YORK CITY’S PARKS
- LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!: PARK FILM FESTIVALS PART II
- WOMAN ARTISTS AND ADMINISTRATORS ASSEMBLE FOR A PANEL DISCUSSION
- Socrates Farmers Market
- Saturday Sculpture Workshop: Who Am I? Zine-Making with Pam Reyes
- LIC & Astoria Love Letter with Five Boro Story Project
- The Met Opera Summer Recital Series: Socrates Sculpture Park
- Newtown Literary Issue #10 Launch Reading