Snug Harbor Cultural Center
Turn & Learn Compost Work Day (NYC Compost Project)
Saturday, June 8, 2019
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Enjoy the fresh air and beautiful surroundings while working on the NYC Compost Project demonstration site. The best way to learn about compost is to make it, and attending our Turn & Learns will make you a pro.
Bring a water bottle, wear closed toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. If you help us make compost, you can take compost.
Please bring your own container. (Please note this is a volunteer event and not a pick-up event. You must volunteer at the work day to receive compost. Supplies may be limited.) Registration is strongly recommended.
Free Admission | Registration requested.
The NYC Compost Project, created by the NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY) in 1993, works to rebuild NYC’s soils by providing New Yorkers with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities they need to make and use compost locally. NYC Compost Project programs are implemented by DSNY-funded teams at seven host organizations, including Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Big Reuse, Earth Matter NY, Lower East Side Ecology Center, Queens Botanical Garden, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, and The New York Botanical Garden. Learn more: www.nyc.gov/compostproject
Directions to Snug Harbor Cultural Center
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Bank Of America Partnership Funds Three Urban Forest Protection Projects
- New Earth Resiliency Training Module (NERTM) Syllabus Book Launch: Heal the Man
- History & Mysteries of Snug Harbor Tour
- Snug Harbor Heritage Farm Tour: Winter Crops and Putting Your Garden to Bed
- Winter is Coming: Heritage Farm Workshop
- Turn & Learn Compost Work Day (NYC Compost Project)