Snug Harbor Cultural Center
Farm & Garden Work Days: NYC Compost Project
Saturday, October 21, 2017
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
This event repeats on the 3rd Saturday of every month between 8/19/2017 and 12/27/2017.
Cultivate an intimate understanding of the interconnections between soil, plants, and human health by working directly with the land. We’ll be getting our hands and knees dirty with tasks that include soil care, weeding, planting, bed preparation, composting, etc. Bring a water bottle, sun hat, closed-toed shoes, and wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
First Wednesday of the month: Meet at Heritage Farm
Third Saturday of the month: Meet at Compost Demonstration Garden (next to Heritage Farm)
The NYC Compost Project, created by the NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY) in 1993, works to rebuild NYC’s soils by providing New Yorkers with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities they need to make and use compost locally. NYC Compost Project programs are implemented by DSNY-funded teams at seven host organizations, including Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Big Reuse, Earth Matter NY, Lower East Side Ecology Center, Queens Botanical Garden, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, and The New York Botanical Garden. Learn more: www.nyc.gov/compostproject
Directions to Snug Harbor Cultural Center
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Bank Of America Partnership Funds Three Urban Forest Protection Projects
- PARKS UNVEILS TWO PROJECTS ON STATEN ISLAND
- Farm & Garden Work Days: NYC Compost Project
- Turn & Learn: NYC Compost Project
- Farm & Garden Work Days (NYC Compost Project)
- Turn & Learn (NYC Compost Project)
- Fall Foliage Tour