Snug Harbor Cultural Center
Turn & Learn (NYC Compost Project)
Saturday, October 14, 2017
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats on the 2nd Saturday of every month between 8/12/2017 and 12/23/2017.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Enjoy the fresh air and beautiful surroundings while working on the NYC Compost Project demonstration site. Learn sustainable landscape management practices and help us make compost. Bring a water bottle, wear closed-toed shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
This event takes place on the first Wednesdays of the month,from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., and the second and third Saturdays of the month, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The NYC Compost Project, created by the NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY) in 1993, works to rebuild NYC’s soils by providing New Yorkers with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities they need to make and use compost locally. NYC Compost Project programs are implemented by DSNY-funded teams at seven host organizations, including Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Big Reuse, Earth Matter NY, Lower East Side Ecology Center, Queens Botanical Garden, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, and The New York Botanical Garden. Learn more: www.nyc.gov/compostproject
Directions to Snug Harbor Cultural Center
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Bank Of America Partnership Funds Three Urban Forest Protection Projects
- PARKS UNVEILS TWO PROJECTS ON STATEN ISLAND
- Farm & Garden Work Days (NYC Compost Project)
- Turn & Learn (NYC Compost Project)
- Fall Foliage Tour
- Putting Your Garden to Bed (NYC Compost Project)
- Putting your Garden to Bed