Rufus King Park
>Hands on History: Weave a Potholder or Placemat
Saturday, April 6, 2019
1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
King Manor’s twelve sheep provided the farm with plenty of wool, which was then woven into fabrics on looms. Try your hand at hand weaving and make a potholder (ages 6+) or a paper placemat (ages 3-5) to take home, then card some real wool inside the museum and get it ready to be spun!
Recommended for ages 3+, adults also welcome! Families and individuals only, no groups, please.
Directions to Rufus King Park
- NYC PARKS JOINS UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS JOINS GLOBAL APPAREL RETAILER UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Hands on History: Make a Scented Sachet
- Family Day
- Hands on History: Plant Your Own Terrarium
- Hands on History: Etch Your Own 'Scrimshaw' Art
- Hidden History of Queens with Richard Panchyk