Rufus King Park
>Here Are My Roots: Bayo Fayemi Group
Friday, March 29, 2019
6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Led by jazz musician and composer Bayo Fayemi, the Bayo Fayemi Group will create a sonic landscape that explores the young composer's self identify through the lens of his mother/father's land, his homeland, and his neighborhood of St. Albans, Queens. In addition to original jazz music, the night will incorporate music of fellow St. Albans musicians "A Tribe Called Quest", proving that the richness of Black American music crosses boundaries and genres.
Tickets $15 General, $10 Members/Seniors/Students.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with a free wine and cheese reception; the concert begins at 7:00 p.m.
This is the first installment in King Manor Museum's 2019 Concert Series.
Directions to Rufus King Park
- NYC PARKS JOINS UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS JOINS GLOBAL APPAREL RETAILER UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Hands on History: Make a Scented Sachet
- Family Day
- Hands on History: Plant Your Own Terrarium
- Hands on History: Etch Your Own 'Scrimshaw' Art
- Hidden History of Queens with Richard Panchyk