Rufus King Park
A Pint of the Past: Beer & Home Brewing in 19th Century New York
Sunday, June 29, 2014
3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join an interactive talk and tasting with Mark and Tess Szamatulski of Maltose Express.
In this 90 minute, interactive program, Mark and Tess Szamatulski will explain how to brew and appreciate beer. They will also discuss beer styles and local beer history. Learn everything from beer ingredients, such as hops, grain, water and yeast, to the brewing process, including fermentation and sanitization.
Let your taste buds transport you to the past! Sample a home brew similar to beer from late 19th century New York, made by Mark and Tess especially for this program. Then see how it compares to samples of modern home brews.
Reservations are required.
Directions to Rufus King Park
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On $2.2M In Improvements To Rufus King Park In Jamaica Queens
- Rufus King Park Recieves a Makeover
- This Weekend In Parks
- It's My Park at Rufus King Park - Spring Cleaning!
- Hands-On History: Papier-Mache
- Walking Tour of Jamaica
- Quicksilver Off the Beaten Track Concert
- Traditions Festival