Roy Wilkins Recreation Center
Merrick Blvd. bet. 115 Ave., 116 Ave., and Baisley Blvd.
Directions via Google Maps
Roy Wilkins is far more than an ordinary park or recreation center. Named after the famed civil rights leader and former NAACP president, this unique public space is a cultural touchstone for all of New York City.
The park's 425-seat theater is home to its own troupe, the Black Spectrum Theatre, which is devoted to performing socially-conscious dramas. But the theater isn't the park's only innovation—a four-acre vegetable garden gives local kids and adults the opportunity to grow their own produce, an exceptional space in a city as crowded as New York.
And Roy Wilkins is well-loved for its other features, as well. When the weather warms up, the park's handball, basketball, and tennis courts are filled to the brim, and swimmers use its indoor pool all year long.
Discover the history of Roy Wilkins Recreation Center
Directions to Roy Wilkins Recreation Center
Know Before You Go
Starting September 26, the pool will be closed for required maintenance. We expect the pool to reopen on October 16.
Anticipated Completion: 10/15/2022
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $92 MILLION INVESTMENT FOR BRAND NEW RECREATION CENTER IN ROY WILKINS PARK – ST. ALBANS, QUEENS
- The Diversity of Queens as Experienced in Its Parks
- Announcing Free Cityparks Seniors Fitness Program Starting April 30
- Citywide HVAC Controls Building Automation Systems Installation
- Citywide HVAC R22 Reconstruction
- Nautilus Playground Reconstruction
- Roy Wilkins Park Black Spectrum Theatre Pathways and Lawn Reconstruction