Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, barbecuing and special event gatherings are prohibited until further notice, and grilling areas are closed.
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|O'Donohue Park||Seagirt Blvd. between Beach 15 and Beach 17 Streets|
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
- NYC PARKS AND CITY PARKS FOUNDATION TO BRING NYC’S FAMED SUMMERSTAGE CONCERT SERIES TO ROCKAWAY BEACH WATERFRONT FOR THE FIRST TIME
- NEW YORK CITY’S 14 MILES OF PUBLIC BEACHES OPEN THIS WEEKEND
- ELEVEN-BLOCK SECTION OF ROCKAWAY BEACH WILL BE CLOSED THIS SUMMER, DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS