Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
New York City’s Threatened and Endangered Shore Birds
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. Our Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City.
Our Exploration series focuses on unique wildlife viewing opportunities during particular seasons.
Space is limited. To register, visit www.nyc.gov/parks/rangers/register on Wednesday, August 7.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- New Section Of Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens To The Public Ahead Of Schedule
- Extended Swimming Season Begins At Nyc's Most Popular Beaches
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- It's My Park at Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
- Sports and Fitness Day
- Family Fun Day
- 10th Annual RockStock and Barrels
- Yoga on the Beach
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts