NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned ConstructionNYC PARKS TO TEMPORARILY CLOSE RIVERSIDE PARK SOUTH BIKE PATH—59-70 STREETS—DUE TO PLANNED CONSTRUCTION
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Portion of Bike Path Closed for Three Weeks Beginning Thursday, November 2
Due to planned construction on the haul road beneath the Henry Hudson Parkway, NYC Parks will close a stretch of the Riverside Park South bike path, from 59-70 streets for three weeks beginning Thursday, November 2. As a part of the Riverside Park South capital project, fine grading and paving will be conducted on the haul road. During the closure, Amtrak will utilize the portion of the bike path to access their property typically accessed by way of the haul road. When the overall project is completed, the bike path will be repaved; construction to begin at a later date.
To accommodate cyclists, Parks will detour them to the pedestrian path from 59-70 streets. Posted signs at related bike path entrances will also provide detour information for cyclists and pedestrians.
The bike path is expected to reopen by November 24.
Directions to Riverside Park
- NYC PARKS’ CITYWIDE MONUMENTS CONSERVATION PROGRAM KICKS OFF ITS 21st YEAR
- NYC Parks To Temporarily Close Riverside Park South Bike Path—59-70 Streets—Due To Planned Construction
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Riverside Park Overlook Concerts: The Columbia Wind Ensemble
- Riverside Park Overlook Concerts: Manhattan Jazz Combo
- Summer on the Hudson: Birding Tour
- Riverside Park Overlook Concerts: French Cookin’ Blues Band
- Riverside Clay Tennis Association Summer Concert Series